Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Issue with the Internet

I just moved to a new place and that was why I didn't post anything in the last few days. There are still things to do. Boxes are in the middle of the room. But I wanted to write this:
I canceled my Internet service with Shaw and called another damn company, Telus because it's simply less expensive. I told them that I had a modem from the time that I lived in Calgary, perhaps 2004 and they said I could be connected today. So I woke up and tried to get the computer hooked up but I realized that one cable, the one which connects the Internet to the modem is missing! London Drugs, Futureshop or any other major computer store is far and I didn't want to go there. I called the bastards and they said they would send me a modem and I'll receive it Wed.! Stupid! So I turned the wireless switch on and found a few sources around, mostly secured. There was one only that I could use and here I am writing this! Fast, free of charge, reliable wireless Internet! Enjoy!

No comments: