Wednesday, June 23, 2010

30 Days or 30 Years?!

I received an e-mail last week from the Corporal indicating that he needed me to sign and initial a paper which had been back to him from Ottawa!? So I went there last Mon. morning to meet with him. I noticed a new booklet issued by CF gathering all the possible questions someone might have in the early steps of application. There was one asking how long the process would take and the answer was 30 days, approximately(!) and the other FAQ was asking about the four major steps in recruitment which are Aptitude Test, Medical Examination, Reliability Screening and finally the Interview.
I mentioned that 30 days and he jokingly called it 30 years! It expressed my frustration but the only thing he said was that sometimes there's something in the form, the hard copy which actually doesn't match what had been entered to the computer and that's the time which the correction must be made. I didn't argue with him because I knew that it wouldn't get me here but wanted to speak up. When I mentioned what I had heard on the news about The Navy patrols being canceled due to lack of budget and the employment of the staff is jeopardized, he simply said that they always receive they pay stub and encouraged me wait for it and call him in a month or so. What other choices do I have?

No comments: