Sunday, January 30, 2011

Walking in -21 C

I woke up at 09:00 AM today when my telephone rang. There was a guy at the other side from a moving company. Gave me an estimate. Then I decided to go for a little breakfast to a local McDonald's. It was -21°C, not considering the wind-chill of course and a 30 cm snow on the ground. I guess I had to walk for at least 20 minutes plus stopping at a light and a crosswalk. When I finally got there my face was almost frozen and could not feel my ears! I have a good Columbia jacket but don't like hats and gloves. So I got there and ordered a breakfast and sat for about an hour. Felt much better after that. Then there was a little shopping at the local Safeway and same story but the sun was out and a wind was down.
In the afternoon I decided to get an earmuff as I don't like hats. I got one from SportChek for $30 something and was fine on the way back home. The temperature dropped down to almost -24 °C when I was home.

No comments: