Friday, October 07, 2011

I'm In Love With A Friend


I decided to go back to what I liked a few years ago last night: Deep Dish. The guys seems that they are not together any more. This sickness has infected many bands so far: Pink Floyd, Genesis, Beatles, you name it. Why is it that people can't simply stay together?
Anyways I found a nice song of them on Youtube called I'm in Love With A Friend. Although these originally Iranian guys have been living in the States for years, since their early childhood but you can tell that English is not their first language. Or may be it's the feeling that I get when I listen to this song. The other songs of them that I used to listen had no lyrics. Now I'm listening to this and I know where these guys are from and I get this feeling. It's a nice song as mentioned and in fact I probably get one of their CDs this weekend but would someone step forward and tell me if they have the same feeling or not? And it's not just the accent. It's also the lyrics. The way the words are put together. Sounds like my own letter! When I e-mail someone, either at work or for a business purpose. If someone reads my e-mail and he and she is a native English speaker, can tell for sure that it is not my first language. I guess it could also be appreciated by reading these posts! I don't know. You tell me.
(Photo: Deep Dish members. Compare them to a few years ago in the old post's photo)

No comments: