Tuesday, November 29, 2011

10 Years Have Got Behind You


...

And then one day you find

Then years have got behind you

No one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun

...

This is part of the amazing Time by Pink Floyd. Ten years ago a day like today I landed in Calgary International Airport. After going through customs and immigration, i simply went to an information both, asked a young girl where I could stay. I hardly believe if anyone in the past 10 years have come to this country the way I did. Everyone at least knew someone. The girl that I will never forget her help, made a few phone calls and eventually got me a room in Super 8 where I could go with no cab fair. I stayed over there and then found a shared accommodation in Calgary Herald where I stayed for almost 6 months.

I look back now and I see that I have lost so many opportunities, many will never emerge again. I don't have much time left. I have to use the few coming years and rebuild the infrastructure which is not made strong enough. A wind like yesterday's would knock everything down, probably!

(Photo: The cover of The Dark Side of The Moon which contains Time)

No comments: