Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Montana's Cookhouse

We had a $15 gift card that The Lady had been given long time ago. This was good in a few restaurants and we decided to try Montana's Cookhouse last weekended. The restaurant was crowded and we were asked to wait for 10 minutes. Fine. The wait didn't take more than 10 min. and that had a good impression on us. While waiting we had a look at the menu since that was our first time. Wanted to make sure we got what we wanted. The interior is very nicely decorated. It reminds you of a cottage. It has a few Kayaks and other outdoor activity tools but since we visited at night and there was not much lighting, we didn't see everything clearly but it was nice.
The table is covered with a type of paper sheet which to me seemed a smart idea but The Lady found it cheap. I guess they can quickly take the sheet away and replace that with a new one. There's nothing wrong with that. Our server quickly showed up at the table and I really didn't want to spend a lot. So I ordered a Burger with a small Salad at side. The Lady ordered a sort of plate which was a combination of Rib, Fries, Sausage, Fried Onion and a few other things including Cornbread, I guess. 
The food arrived quickly, surprisingly which was good. 
I didn't like the Burger very much. It was not bad but I was not impressed. Perhaps because I ordered an undressed version of it. It was small and dry. So I would say the Burger gets 2 out of 5. The Lady's plate was nice. Not as big as what we had expected but it was good. I tried the Rib, the Sausage and Cornbread and they were all good but loaded with sauce and stuff which is not good for you but how often we visit restaurants like this? Once is a six month?! 
The side salad was not bad but as usually a small portion. I would give 4 out of 5 or maybe even 4.5 out of 5 to The Lady's dish. Would be going there again? Yes. Definitely. if we'er in the mood of outside food, particularly Rib, I would say we visit. They have cooked the Ribs perfectly and the sauce was not too much. We could even ask for a different sauce or no sauce at all. 
(Photo: The entrance of the restaurant in the evening)

No comments: