Friday, October 13, 2006

Fools

One of my problems in life has always been not being able to stay away from fools! But everyone is fool in a way, even me! I’m fool because I’m a troublemaker and when I make trouble for others, that comes back to me later, most of the time! The good thing is I know my malfunction and managing. Many people don’t! That’s where their life gets ugly.
Once I was told by an Afghan whom I used to know that he had received a letter indicating he won a lottery! He, then, showed me the letter. Everything seemed fine: His name and family name, his address and so on. The sender somewhere in Spain asked that fool to open an account so he would deposit the money which was something around € 250,000 to that account. But he had to pay kind of administration fee, something around US $1000. I explained to that animal the fact that it’s a fraud. I said: " He would take that money and never deposit a single penny in your account." But that stupid scum didn’t believe me and drove me to his TD Bank branch, to open the account for him. I don’t remember what happened after that but I knew he somehow asked the sender to deduct that fee from the total he had won and send the remaining! Of course that never happened but the question here is what’s the difference between an animal like a mule and that man? Basically nothing! And to mention that he was an educated man!
Then that was another person and he even called the guy and they had conversations and don’t know happened finally. It seems a very good business ‘cause I received two e-mails today! This first one is really funny and here’s part of it:

I am Barrister Ahmed Babah, an Attorney at law, and the Personal lawyer to ... an ... .He owned Crossword Continental Ltd., Lome - Togo in West Africa. Hereinafter, he shall be referred to asmy client. On the 18th of December 2003,my client, his wife and their two children died in an earthquake that destroyed over 2.500 people. These critical accident happened two days after their arrival in there as they traveled for the end of the year holidays.
Since then, I have made several inquiries to their embassy to locate any of their relatives and this has proved unsuccessful. I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US $14M; (Fourteen Million United States Dollars) left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge amount was deposited. The said bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have his account confiscated as the banking law here stipulates. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives, Iseek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.
Therefore, I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 30% of the total sum as gratification, while 10% will be set aside to take care of any expenses that may arise during the process of transfer including telephone bills, while 60% will be for me. All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through.


Obviously the guys who do that to people know them personally or at least partially. Otherwise how in the hell they know my previous nationality? Or that Afghan's name and address?!
That’s my instant response to him:

Hello,

I suggest you to simply spend that amount on poor African people who are dying everyday as a result of AIDS (because of having sex with chimps and gorillas), food shortage, civil wars and contaminated water.

Enjoy!

I didn't answer the second one, as all of them are the same crap!

No comments: