Friday, October 06, 2006

Hardest Part of a Job

Do you know what the worst part of a job is? It’s not straight working for more than 8 hours . It’s not waking up early. It’s not gluing your eyes to the screen for hours. It’s not running up and down the stairs. So what's it then?
It’s dealing with idiots. And that happens every often at my job. The other day one of the guys, an Iraqi physician who used to live in Iran for quite a long time, prob. because he’s Shia and works as safety coordinator came to me and asked what kind of chemical a Current Issue is??!! Just imagine what kind of moron he is! Our suppliers usu. send us a bunch of papers with their products and that’s called MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). In that document they explain what possible dangers are hidden in the material, what the safety cautions are and more useful information in that regard. The guy, who his name is Ali and has changed it to Alex, said he wants to know what type of chemical a Current Issue is?! That was prob. a printing error in that MSDS but the guy who is a graduate of a medical school doesn’t understand that! That’s just a sample from a big population. The others are not much better than him! What I noticed at the beginning is that the plants lacks inventory control system, something so simple to think of and essential. Many suppliers have set up online ordering systems but these idiots here still are stuck to orders over the phone! I can write pages about how these morons run the company and the amount of money they waste every day but that would never stop their stupidity because you never can turn a donkey to a horse!
But I have no other choice. I have to work hard and that’s what I’m doing. The good thing is I’ve proved that I can handle this job easily and I’m a fast learner. I have to keep going until I find a better opportunity. I can't struggle them because I'm new and I get booted out in a blink of an eye.

No comments: