Saturday, March 24, 2012

Toy


When I was in the school years ago doing my degree there was this little story about one of the English Instructors and a female student. The Instructor asks the students if they know the word that is used to explain the thing that people play with and a girl answers with a word which is not the correct answer. Then the Instructor says that she should consider whatever she plays with a TOY!
I don't know if the story is true or not but it's hard to believe that a conversation like this could be communicated with a male instructor and a female student in such a restricted learning society. After all now that I am thinking of the situation that we were in and studying I feel really bad inside of me. I do not want to remember those dark, quiet and depressing days.
What made me bring this story up was the vehicle that was being driven in front of me today. See the photo below.
(Photo: This Toyota pickup truck was in front of me when I was going home today. As you can see the owner or may be the previous owner has erased the last three letters in the back and the word Toy has emerged. May be that is his/her toy!)

No comments: