Sunday, January 07, 2024

Finally Ordered a Vehicle

I went to a dealer yesterday and I ordered a vehicle after nearly 4 years! It was an interesting experience but I feel that I was deceived. My intention was to get either of these cars but in Hybrid model:
1) Camry
2) Prius
3) Land Cruiser
You know how these salespersons play. This guys, whom I had met before and didn't know, takes me to a very nice vehicle which a Sold sign on it and then later tells me it was available for almost $61,000! I wouldn't pay that much for a vehicle or I'd gone for a Tesla Model 3. Then he indicates that Hybrid Land Cruiser would not be delivered until 2026 and there has been so many orders for that now! I do not believe that. He barely says anything about Camry and I don't insists because I know that is one of the other tricks of them. 
Here is the mistake I made: We agree to order a Prius for a total of nearly $47,000 and I don't know why I signed the paper! I then go to their financing guy and pay $500 down payment! While I know I can cancel the order any time without any reason, I am hoping(!) here are my mistakes:
1) I didn't get a copy of the paper I signed!
2) I didn't check the Toyota Canada website for the actual price of the car!
Toyota Land Cruiser played a major role in Iran-Iraq War in the 80's. Here an American Tow missile is installed on an IRGC Land Cruiser. All the industrialized countries benefited from this war which is considered the longest one in the 20th century. Selling everything to the both sides of the war and selling the things that the two countries were not able to sell because they had to focus on war. Even the neighbouring poor and desperate countries benefited a lot: Pakistan, Jordan, Turkey, tiny shitty small countries at the south side of Persian Gulf, you name it. Everyone benefited and was a winner but the two country. 
If you go to Toyota Canada, you'll see that you can get a 2024 Prius for $41,000! And of course you would add tax and other applicable fees which would not go to $47,000! So I need to talk to the guy about it.
Their financing fella told me that he would contact me in a month or two. That means that they either have the car somewhere in their lot or it's being shipped to them! I can't really say what they have their mind and what trick they're trying to pull but there must be something! I'm going to wait but will contact the guy this week to ask him about the big amount difference.
(Photo, top: A Prius Prime in a Toyota dealer in Alberta. Looks really good)

No comments: