Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Government of Canada is the biggest Money Waster

I went to Texas in the pick of Covid-19 Pandemic: Nov. of 2021. It was a fairly good trip. On the way back, at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, in Houston I was asked if I had installed ArriveCan App on my phone. It was an additional requirement to having negative Covid-19 test result. I received the latter as a text message shortly after my arrival at the airport. For the App, a WestJet employee, who happened to be a very nice young lady, helped me with everything! She installed the App and entered all the necessary data in! I boarded the plane with no difficulty and flew home. That was the first and the last time I used ArriveCan. It was considered not mandatory after that. 
Now it has been revealed that the App has cost nearly $59.5 million! It is unbelievable! If it was another courtly, everyone in charge would have been taken to the court and tried. Here it is in the news for a few days and people forge about that! But for me who has unsuccessfully attended two Federal Government training programs, seeing how much is wasted is nothing new. Tons of foods, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of salaries equipment, water, supplies, you name it. $59.5 million is no joke! I'm sure, as I said, this will be buried. No one ever goes after the big thieves! It's just the small ones who always get caught and then would let go with a slap on the wrist!  
(Photo: A group of kids from Puerto Rico were waiting for their flight out of Houston was the only thing that I thought would worth taking photo of at the time! Hygiene, being clean and nice and acting normal in public place was their number one consideration. That is why you see they're laying on on the airports floor. The future belongs to you guys!)

No comments: