I purchased $30 worth of gasoline last Sat. night for approximately, if I remember correctly, $1.85 per liter. I had planned for a hike the next day. I got lazy and didn't go! That amount of gasoline would have lasted me the entire week or at least up to Thu., had I continued driving my old internal combustion engine vehicle. I, instead, drove my PHEV. What was shocking was the price of gasoline today: $1.50 per liter! Just after one week!
![]() |
| A week ago I did not see prices lower than $1.85 in most of the major gas stations across the city |
One might thing ȼ35 per liter is nothing but it adds up. There has not been any exchange of missiles or any bombing during the week. The US has just increased the economic pressures and blockades on Iran and the Saudis have helped the Yemeni Government in their fight against Houthis. Leading those to a more stable oil market is surprising but thank you. The food prices, damn, they're out of control. It's so bad that I don't even want to discuss them. No wonder why some people go to bed half hungry or the lines are long at the food banks. I'm not going to discuss this issue again.
(Photo, top: The price of gasoline in the southeastern quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, yesterday afternoon)


No comments:
Post a Comment