Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hard To Find

It's been more than a month that I'm trying to find a place to live. Everywhere I call they say there's no vacancy. I even tried 2 bedrooms but only one responded and that's $800 which is too much for me. Then I tried a 1 bedroom in Chinook area and finally after 5 phone calls yesterday I booked an appointment for today to see the apartment! When I got there at about 18:30, there were at least 10 other people waiting! Fortunately most of them were gone one by one, after a few minutes and only two applicant left: Two Canadian women, seemed a mother and daughter, both very pretty and me. The others didn't like it. The agent lady also said that the basement of the same size with no balcony is available and is a little cheaper. She then gave me an application form with over 15 questions! I filled it out and gave it back to her. In addition was a cheque of $200 as deposit. The apartment is available in July the first. She said the selection process would take 48 hours.
It has never been like this before. Apartments were easy to find in most parts of the city and they were not this much expensive. The one I applied for is $695 and only heat and water is included. That's part of Alberta's booming business.

No comments: