Friday, May 12, 2006

Resurrected Oilers

It seemed like the Oilers are more confident to beat the Sharks after they won Wed.’s game in the 3rd OT. But San Jose is a very tough team. And they proved it. They were ahead in the first period with a 2-1 lead. Edmonton’s defense men were hundred percent guilty on the second goal and I said to me: Oh God! I can’t watch this game! They’re gonna lose! And I went to bed as I was and still am very tired today (I write later the reason why I got exhausted)
But I couldn’t sleep and got back and started watching the third period and the Oilers accepted another goal! It was 3-1 San Jose and I didn’t see any possibility that the Oilers can get back. So I turned off the TV and went to read the news on the net. (I wonder what would happen to the team, if the fans did the same!). Then after a few min. I checked the game through the net and that was tied 3-3 at the end of the 2nd period. Then I told me: Let’s get back to the rink! Those guys haven’t given up and they’re not going to, just like game three.
And that was true I watched the whole third period and those guys were all marvelous. Edmonton was resurrected and beat the shit of the Sharks, a great victory with the score of 6-3. The arena went crazy and people were all cheering. Even I couldn’t sit on the chair after one of the beautiful goals. The Sharks even changed their goalie but that didn’t help them much. The series is tied 2-2 and the next game is on Sun. in San Jose.
(Photo: Edmonton players celebrate their 6-3 victory over the Sharks in Rexall Centre, Edmonton. The black guy in the centre, Georges Laraque, is among a few black people in NHL [Actually I haven't seen anyone else so far]. He got a major in last game and was kicked out)

No comments: