Monday, July 20, 2009

Canada's Seven Wonders, Number 1: Health Care(!!)

This damn gout attack has been disturbing me for over 2 weeks now and finally today morning I said: enough is enough! I decided to see a physician. F. F. was insisting too. So I was searching and searching for the damn Health Card and eventually found it in the storage! Actually F. F. did! I've been living in B. C. for over 2 years and today was the first time I used that damn card! I really didn't want to go because I hate waiting in the lines. I rather die! We got on a bus and just 2 stops later we got off and walked to the clinic. Not to mention that I was walking like a snail, if you could call it walking!
We stepped in and gave the information to the receptionist. There was only one man in the waiting room. We sat and in less than 4 min. I was called to the doctor!
Unbelievable! That almost never happens!
Canada and the US, both, have a bad reputation for long waiting in the emergency rooms, clinics and for operations. I have no experience over the US and the only time I had an operation in Canada and that was in Calgary I had a very good service. Ellen once told me the time that she had to go to an emergency room for her arm or something like that and that was shortly before my nasal operation. She said that she was screaming and yelling from pain but had to wait. It scared me but I knew that I should not have believed the stupid ugly bitch!
This time I personally witnessed one of the Canada's seven wonders with my own feelings! Hope you witness that too in case you need medical attention. I hope you never need one, though!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude,
Buy "sour cherry" from persian stores, it works great. Here in Calgary I have to buy frozen ones, but works well too.
There is also herbal medicine: celery seed buy it from natural stores.

The Tough Guy said...

Thanks my friend. The only problem is the stores are way too far from my place. I was just passing by and noticed the trees and decided to try something good after more than 10 years!
Second thing: I'd like to ask you about Calgary's work market. I have been away since early 2007 and have lost opportunities. Here's nothing but shit!

Unknown said...

The market is very bad. I can say I am the only person amongst 50 of my friends (mainly Process) that I have job. Don't get me wrong, it is just my luck. My project is going well (cross the finger). I believe the only big project in energy sector is a project with AMEC.

The Tough Guy said...

That's horrible! You should be very careful then. Send me your e-mail address. I'd like to be in touch.
Thanks.

Mohammad said...

How can I do this privately?

The Tough Guy said...

Please e-mail me at jacob_laue@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks.