Tuesday, February 20, 2018

24 Km a Day

Last Sat. which was a off days for most of us, of course, made the 4th month that I have been working. Our supervisor said that we would be employees soon but hasn't said when. One of the guys said that it would take 4.5 months. Why? I guess because the agency needs to benefit from the person as long as they can. While I'm being much better at what I do on daily basis, compared to the time that I started, I still doubt that they keep me on. At the same time if they wanted to hire someone else and train him again, that would be a hassle. I know everything now and I even provide suggestions although they barely accept it. 
But the question is: Is that a job that people could consider until their retirement. From what I see, that is. We have at least 5 employees over the age 55 which I highly doubt they go anywhere but they are in a different department with less or next to zero physical job. I also have heard, both from manager and one of the employees that the company provides good benefits. So I can see why they intend to keep their " easy " jobs. 
As per me, I have to wake up early, which is fine but that's the drive, with mostly crazy drivers which bothers me, not even the cold. They speed, they use their high beam, they tailgate you, you name it. And I'm on the road for nearly 12 Km, one way. Beside that the amount of time I walk is so much that by the end of the day I barely can stand on my feet. Let alone the heavy stuff that at time I have to lift or the tension and stress I'm under when I use one of the machines. 
Luckily I have been scheduled for a job interview in a few weeks. Neither the interview nor the training after that is easy but I will have to beat both of them. That would be a separate post.

No comments: