Tuesday, February 27, 2018

My First Encounter with a Homosexual

As many already now same-sex marriage became legal in Canada in 2005. The country was the forth which enacted such law. I do not care about someone's sexual preferences but sometimes I think I might not be comfortable around a guy man as mush as I would be around a heterosexual one, especially because I've not have such feeling or experience in my life. I just don't know how to react. I know I should act normally and treat him the same way that I would treat a heterosexual but at the same time I don't know what's going on in his head! Is he checking me out? Is he interested in me? Would he make a move? What's the deal?!
With that in mind, I have encountered with a male fella a few times at work. He's mostly polite and always helpful. He acts weirdly and stupid at times but I always have ignored that. He normally dresses like a well-scrubbed rube! Shoe's not laced! pants almost down on his hip, not shaved most of the time, wrinkled shirt with the collar not bent properly. He's a disgusting mess! 
At lunch and I have sat next to him, due to lack of enough room in the dining area (and it doesn't mean that I would not sit next to him, if there were other spots available, don't get me wrong and be offended, that's not what I mean) and he eats like a freaking pig! He first eat a main meal and then starts slurping a disgusting cup of sugary yogurt-like liquid and then bites an apple and then starts drinking water! All done in less than probably 10 min. or so! 
A few weeks ago and during a conversation I asked him what his plan was for winter! I know it sounds silly but wanted to see what he says. He said that he has planned to see his father in __. I asked him if he was going with his lady, simply because once he had told me that he was engaged, he said no he would just go by himself. Then one early morning, while it was dark, I realized that he is being dropped at the doors of our workplace. As I said it was early and dark but the driver looked like a man to me from distance but I paid no attention and I thought I saw the person as a man due to the lack of enough light. Then when I asked one other person about him, he said: He's a gay man! 
I was a little shocked because I immediately recalled that I had called his (or maybe her) fiance, a lady! I don't think it's an appropriate term to use for a homosexual man because you don't know which one is the wife and which one is the husband and even if you do, you don't know (or I'd better to say) I don't know what the etiquette is: Do homosexual couples call themselves wife and husband? There must be an emitter and a receiver(!) or is that mutual or both ways?! I don't know. 
Nevertheless I know that I have to adjust my behavior when I'm near him or am talking to him especially because I have seen him smiling at me a few times! I mean people smile at others but sometimes they mean something. 
(Photo: The so-called Prime Minister is seen here in the 2016 Toronto Gay Pride Parade. Some people do everything to get as many votes as they can, even the things that they don't believe in them. Pardon my language but the right term is they prostitute themselves. This, however, does not mean that I dislike homosexuals. I just don't thinks there is a need to announce it publicly the way it is done. People's sexual preferences, is their own choice. That's what they like. Let them like it. It's like we would have Table Tennis Lovers Parade! How stupid would that be? Everyone has a preference in sport. If I like Hockey over Basketball, do I need to announce it?! That would cause more problem than making the sport popular)

No comments: