Monday, February 19, 2018

Cowboy Taphouse

This past weekend we decided to check a bar after probably 10 years or so! Yes! The last time I had been into a bar was probably even more than 10 years! First of all I'm not a drunkard and even if there was a time I drank it was at a social event or The Chef's house. 
Now that The Chef has been kicked out of his home and there're not any parties of any kind (except for the past Christmas party that I didn't go) I don't drink. So we decided to go to this place called Cowboy Tap House in the northeastern part of the town. What Cowboy? The customers were mostly old Caucasian fellas, a few Blacks, East Indians of Sikh faith and a number of Afghans! 
The bar is just a regular one that mostly workers after their daily labour go there to play a game of pool, drink a Beer or too and have a chat with waitresses. It was not even busy although most of the tables were occupied but it was not crazy busy in a way that people were in each other's faces or something like that. And sadly no women and girls except a few old ones with their boyfriend and husbands! Waitresses were not bad but I don't know if you could make a move on a waitress or not in a bar when you go there for the first time! I don't know what the bar etiquette in that regard is! 
We ordered a jog of Beer and then two baskets of Wings. The Beer was just OK. Nothing extraordinary that I would go for it again to that place. I suspect that it had even been diluted before it was brought to us! The Wings were both super dry but thoroughly cooked. But again I wouldn't go for that again. We chatted a little bit and ordered the second jag and the second couple of baskets. I was a little hungry and that helped me to overcome that but then we got bored because there was no activity especially when a couple of Afghans approached us and started bull-shiting.
The bar has a nice fireplace with comfortable armchairs around it which makes it a good spot to eat and drink in winter 
When we ran out of both Beer and Wings, the waitresses appeared at our table one after another. Obviously you can't just hang out in a bar, especially on a night which it's not very busy. That could be the case with Cowboy Tap House every night! You need to order or get the hell out. So when the waitresses appeared I told them that we were just taking a break and the Afghans were being really annoying. So we decided to leave before we had to throw them back to their freaking table! Our entire bill was a little over $36 and I gave the waitress a total of $40 to make it right. I guess she was happy and we got the hell out. I haven't to many bars in Calgary lately so I can't compare them. It's just an OK place for hanging out, having a drink or a light supper. Nothing special about the place and nothing bad either, except for the bugs I explained them above!
(Photo: The inside of the bar in a not busy night)

No comments: