Sunday, January 01, 2023

A Short Review of the Past Year: The Year of Failures!

January.01.2023. Morning. One more day and I will be back to hell! The disgusting job that I was given back in May of last year and is most likely will run out in a month of two! Let's quickly go through the past year and see if anything was gained. These are the plans for 2022:

1- Get the hell out of this shithole that I have been calling workplace for a little more than two years now.  I've had it with these fools. Get a real job. I got out. I have been making more but barely because of more hours that I had to put in! Beside, I worked outdoors, in extreme cold and intolerable heat. Not to mention that the number of assholes that I had to deal with with way more than the previous job. So overall was that better? Perhaps a tad better! 

2- Enter in a long-term and meaningful relationship. All my attempts failed. I have a separate post for that. Perhaps I should work harder or it's never going to happen for me! 

3- Travel outside Canada at least once. What a great accomplishment! I went to Nevada to do a hike and even that was a failure! 

4- Buy a new vehicle. Did not! The interest rate is so high and my desirable vehicle was not available. Once I wanted to order, the bastard tried to impose extra $3000 of different services and I gave up. 

5- Practice calm. Not achieved at all. It was so stressful at times and I made back mistakes simply because I was so tired and overwhelmed. 

6- Do as many hikes as possible. Overall I did 3 hikes and I failed in reaching the summit in all!

What a disastrous year 2022 was! At least I know what I should work on although with the price of everything going up, I don't believe it will be an easy year! 
(Photo: Snow is frozen to the branches of these short trees in Nose Hill Park, in Calgary. Did a short walk a few days ago)

No comments: