Saturday, December 16, 2023

Hard and Difficult as always

I had my interview for a Federal Government once again a couple of days ago. While I have a job now and it's been going well, I always wanted to work for the Government of Canada. Not that easy! I'm going to make a list of the Government jobs that I've applied for and never got them to show how embarrassing it is! 
So here I'm sitting at my desk one hour before the interview starts and an administration lady sends me the questions! I'm not going to reveal them but what I can say is there are 7 questions, 5 of them very hard to answer! Nearly 7 minutes is passed now and I decide to opt out! I start writing an e-mail to the administrative lady! I'm almost finished and I think I should give the questions a try, although I know I don't have a good chance! So, I keep the e-mail in draft and go back to the damn questions! I finally put something together for each with the lowest self-steam that anyone could have and I turn my Team on to attend the interview. There're three people and each ask a question and I try my best but I know I have a very slim chance! 
The fact that this Government have been trying to fix some of the problems which existed 50 years ago and leave some of the problems which also have that length of existence, is amazing and they keep pushing on the first type! I don't know if it's persistence, stupidity or pretending. By the latter I mean if they only pretend to care! They asked about inclusion and equality! We all know that not everyone is equal but we include everyone as much as we can. The fact is many people do not want to be included but would like to be considered equal! What do we do with them?
The interview, I don't think, went well. I had the same issue back in early 2021 for another Government position and I didn't get it but my position was different back then. Now I have a job that I probably can rely on it for the next 10 years or so, unless something extraordinary happens, I'm not so excited about interviews and job applications. The reasons why I decided to go through that is first I applied for this job when I was doing that miserable outdoor job last year and then I thought if I got this position, I would be more secure and would have the chance to work in another province. It does not seem to materialize but we'll see how they response. 
At the end I'd like list the Government jobs that I've applied for and they all went south! Not in order of application, necessarily. 
1) Canadian Navy: I failed to finish the basic training. There was too much bullshit and too much pressure. I didn't handle it well. I have had posts under CFLRS notes. You can refer to them for the detail, if you're interested.  

2) CBSA. Not as bad as the first one. This time I failed about three days from graduation! There was a written test that I do not recall what it was about and I didn't get the passing mark. I got a boot in my a$$, after it!

3) A position with Measurements Canada. I recall this one had a written test in two parts with a break in between and it was held somewhere in Downtown Calgary. Failed miserably, as usual! This I did when I was laid off. 

4) A position which has something to do with agriculture and quantity or quality control. For that I had to go to British Columbia and write a test. The Lady, at the time, had left me and gone to B. C. as well but we still were in touch! When I told her that I had applied for a position there but it was only for a year, she was happy and said that it was good that I was going to join her for at least a year but I didn't get the point! I remember we were sitting for lunch in a nice patio, I think it was Boston Pizza, and it was a nice day. She bought the lunch and my telephone rang. I was told that I had failed the test! I don't remember much after that but I know what she said and the lunch we had together was the sign the she wanted us to be back together but I didn't get it because a few months passed and then I went to get the position 1, on the top, and while I was there she called and said she wanted to go back but I was there and I told her that I couldn't leave! That was the last time we spoke! I didn't get the job and she never came back! 

5) A position with purchasing or similar. This I don't remember, again, what department of the Government was offering it but it was the last one before the one that I attended a couple of days ago and as hard. The only difference is I was desperate to get out of the toilet I was in! 

The issue is there's a time that you know you don't have a good answer and try to come up with something convincing but you're bank! That is the part I hate the most. It gives a very bad feeling right away inn front of everyone! 
(Photo: I went to Ottawa as part of a group when I was in CFLRS and we went to Canadian War Museum which was a good experience but have not been to the Parliament Hill which is considered to be the Government of Canada home. Must be nice to visit in a day like the one in this picture)

No comments: