Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Cutting Corners

I was driving home from work today and the gasoline price caught my eyes at a Shell station: More than ¢158 for a liter! The funny thing is that the Provincial tax will kick in soon, meaning that there will be some ¢15 added to every liter of gasoline price. In the meantime the bastards of the Provincial Government implemented a $200 annual tax on EVs! 
It is obvious that only a small portion of people can purchase EV and those don't care about that annual tax but for me who has been trying to buy a vehicle for a long time now and hasn't been able to yet, there're no solution but cutting some corners. 
What is that I can remove from my list? It's very easy for me but let's start from an upcoming trip! I'm heading south soon and I have a big bag which I thought I shall check it in. I haven't check a bag in the past 9 years or so and now I need to do that! Not such a good idea! WestJet is asking $30 for a freaking bag! What am I going to do? Easy! Take as much as I can out! I don't care! Do you think I will pay $30 to these guys?! I eat for a week with $30
Now going back to the normal life:
1) Internet: I'm not going to renew my contract with the pirates of Rogers/Shaw when it ends in a few months! I will save $52.50 every  month, a total of $630 a year! I don't care about anything on the net. I have internet at work, at my siblings and at a local McDonald's! I $630 is a one-way ticket to a destination to the US
2) Milk for coffee! It's been a long time since I tried to avoid the outside coffee of any brand and have been mostly successful. I either use instant coffee or get my coffee from work but I need milk or cream for that as I don't add sugar. I usually buy Organic Milk or Cream but at times regular too. A 2 liters Organic Milk cartoon lasts me a week. It is about $8. The same amount of regular milk is half of that price. That will reduce a total of $20 every month from my bills.  
Why not?!
(Photo: Don't panic yet! This was taken in June 2022 in Downtown Calgary!)

No comments: