Saturday, March 23, 2024

Glory

I have a good number of old movies that I watch one from time to time and I have to admit that I enjoy a lot. I do have access or am able to watch the new ones but being a loser(!), I don't want to go to a movie theater all by myself! There was a time that I used to do that. Now I don't! Perhaps I should give up the idea that if someone sees a movie by themselves is a loser and go but I haven't been able to do that yet. For example when all these blockbuster were being shown, Top Gun: Maverick, Barbie, Killing of Flower Moon, and Oppenheim, I tried to convince myself to see them or perhaps to go with a date or my brother. None of them ever occurred and I ended up having a few of them in digital format but I only have watched and enjoyed the first one!
With that said, I watched Glory, last week. Such a fabulous movie. I intended watching the Civil War era movie once a couple of years ago but was discouraged by the hospital scene with all the blood, screaming and suffer they showed. This time, I skipped that and went all the way. Such a glorious movie, I'd like to say. 
Without spoiling the movie, I'd like to add that Hollywood rarely makes good movies like this, unfortunately: Interesting story, which is based on facts, great acting, good cinematography and great scenario. That's all I need to say about this 1989 film. Find and enjoy. 
(Photo: Both Matthew Broadrick, left and Denzel Washington provide excellent acting this movie. The latter received a well-deserved ACADEMY AWARD for male actor in supporting role)

No comments: