Saturday, October 12, 2024

Out after 10 Years (10): The Annoying Japanese!

Majority of the Japanese people are very disciplined and respectful people. They rarely speak loudly, and repeated messages asks passengers to put their phones on silent mode and refrain from speaking while on a train. Just an example of how they behave in the public. On the other hand, there're times that you see Japanese people load and even somehow irritating! I was quite surprised myself:
1) In the markets, salespeople continually advertise the merchandise by chanting and holding banners and signs, loudly and at the same time!
2) Local elections. People at public places such as train stations with loudspeaker, banners and pictures have election campaign!
3) Charity and non-government organization with donation boxes at public places. In cases of such assistance is sought from students. So when you're approaching a train station, for example, as many as ten students, who are standing with donation boxes, yell at you! 
(Photo: I saw this group of young fellas, probably students of a school, on my way back from Kamakura with, probably, their teacher. They were collecting donations, I would assume, for Red Feather Organization which is a Japanese non-profit organization for resolving social issues. I took it from far away as you can see from the top of the stairs and still could hear them clearly! I think their approach would mostly scares and throws away people but maybe that's how I feel as an outsider. I even wanted to donate some money but didn't know what their reaction would be and didn't although I think they would have appreciated it. I also saw their PM on TV wearing a red feather.)

No comments: