Saturday, August 8

Cancelled the NY Trip

I just cancelled my trip to The State of New York. This was booked back in Dec. for this Sep.! How insane is that. I also cancelled the hotels (there were three of them) and have to do the last.
Why? To much uncertainty, too costly and not most likely very pleasant for my taste. Why the hell did you consider that in the first place, one might ask. The first thing is I had not yet seen so much violence and disorder in N. Y. City. There're thousands of clips. This new guy, Mamdani which has created so much division within the city had not been yet elected the mayor. The US and Israel had not started their endless and devastating attacks in my country of origin and ICE had not yet been so tough on people. I thought to myself: The purpose of a trip is to stay safe and enjoy. What's the point of going somewhere that I might be questioned simply because I was born in a country that I left 25 years ago and now is in a head-to-toe war with the US? What's the point of going somewhere that you cannot comfortably take a public transit and have to grow eyes on your back to make sure you're not mugged!
These are all excuses! The fact is I'm tired of travelling alone and driving from JFK to Albany which was supposed to be the first part of the trip does not seem to be easy. Lack of confidence has recently gotten the better of me. Based on this poor analysis, I cancelled my Marriot hotel which was about US $1200 and the Lake Placid lodge. I will cancel the last hotel and the rental and my focus will be shifted to the upcoming IT-SW trip although I have a lot to do complete that plan which will be a separate post if needed. I hope I can make this trip some another time and with a better itinenary) 
(Photo: WestJet flies to JFK directly without any damn stop in between)

No comments: