Driving Miss Daisy is probably one of the most famous Hollywood movies of the 90's which has been known to me for a long time but has never had the chance to watch it until just last week.
The interesting thing about this movie is despite its simple story, it attracts you and you go along.
When the movie started, after just a few scenes, I wondered who the actress was. She looked so familiar. I'm referring to the British actress Jessica Tandy. It hit me suddenly: The Birds! Yes. She also had a major role in the Alfred Hitchcock's movie.
![]() |
| Tandy circa 1959. It was this face that brought The Birds scene back to my mind but this portrait is not from the film |
Morgan Freeman plays the other major character: An old driver who is hired to take Miss Daisy here and there and that's where the story begins. I think if I had seen the movie 10 or 15 years ago, it would have felt different but tears came to my eyes while watching it just a week ago as this is a movie of human connection. It has tons of meaning and lots of affect on lonely people. Enjoy if you can get your hand on it.
(Photo, top: Jessica Tandy in the OSCAR. She passed away five years after the movie)


No comments:
Post a Comment