Sunday, August 16

The Game

If I didn't know Michael Douglas was born in N. J., I'd probably think he was from San Francisco, considering his obsession with that city! Basic Instinct, Streets of San Francisco (which I haven't watched, of course!) and the last film I've seen: The Game, all take place in that northern California city. The city which used to be glorious once. All I've read about it in the past few years is that it has lost all his glory and filled with poverty, homelessness and gang violence. Nevertheless that's not the subject of this post and regardless of all these negative thing I hear, I'm going there next year, if everything goes as planned. Or anywhere nearby because this time my intention is to approach Boundary Peak from California side.
The Game is an interesting movie and somehow unrealistic! It is a movie so it does not have to be real, someone would day. I believe unless they make science fiction, the story should fit with the audience easily. I don't want to spoil the movies for the ones who haven't watched it (although the likelihood of anyone accessing it and enjoying, isn't very high) but I think the other Fincher's movie, Se7en could be considered more realistic than The Game but The Game is a very entertaining movie and more importantly unpredictable until the end and that is very important for me, as movie goer and a Movie Buff, as well! 
The Game is a sort of movie which takes you along. This had not happened to me for a very long time. So despite the fact that I was dead tired, I glued myself to the seat and watched it to the end. I hope you enjoy this 1997 movie as well. 
(Photo: Douglas in the scene that the " game " actually is about to start!)

No comments: