Thursday, October 29, 2015

Three Weeks Later

Three weeks has passed so far and I have applied for 11 positions with receiving two responses only. I've written about the first one and just a few days back I received an e-mail from a well-known company in the city which had posted a position in Abu-Dhabi indicating that they had decided to go with another candidate! I never wanted to work in that area of the world but it's not a time to have many choices available. I should be a little more active in career searching but the problem is there just simply not many positions available or if there are, they are mostly filled quickly by Canadians who are introduced by their friends, family members and relatives. I. on contrary, do not have many people in my circle. 
The other disappointing news is Shell has just announced that they had cancelled one of their projects due to lack of pipeline to transport the crude, indicating rail transportation is not economical in this case. Moving would not be easy, that's another problem. Although I hate Calgary now due to its increasing population, noise, expensive services, etc but moving would not be easy. Too much to freaking handle! 
(Photo: The small town of Peace River in northwestern Alberta felt the hardest after Shell announced the cancellation of Carmon Creek project. Photo courtesy Roe Report)

No comments: