Saturday, September 23, 2017

War for the Plant of the Apes

I was able to catch War for the Plant of Apes finally in the last day it was in theatres and I'm happy I did that. It's a very good movie and worth watching of course. I have to add that I watched that in 3D which intensified the joy. If you haven't seen it, make sure you get it on a disk. You'll be surprised. I don't want to spoil that for the ones who hasn't watched it but that's not what you think. It's completely different story! I remember I read it after watching it that cinematography had been done in Vancouver! I guess it wanted to say British Columbia because Vancouver has a park which doesn't have that much of room for a big budget movie of this kind. Maybe they shot it in Grouse Mountain area! I don't know but it's beautiful especially in 3D.
The funny thing is The Chef said he wanted to accompany me and I tool him although I knew he wouldn't understand much of it. He was humming his own favorite song half an hour past the movie(!) and I had to shut him up! He then asked me a couple of time how much more was left! I told him it's almost finished. He kept himself busy with his bag of Popcorn that he bought for nearly $7(!) but generally his presence didn't hurt me and the fun I got from the movie. 
If it's not considered a spoiler alert I must say that they finished the trilogy at the end and that's smart because it would be too much after that. This is recommended and I will buy the DVD when it comes out. I would say 3.75 out of 5.
(Photo: Apes are riding horses in a snow covered area. I don't know if it's décor or actual but seemed vey real)

No comments: