Tuesday, July 31, 2018

When Do Really Canadians Like You?

The relationship between you, as an immigrant, and Canadians, and by Canadians I mean Caucasians who are originally from western Europe, truly depends on a number of factors but generally follows a few rules. 
First of all the majority of Canadians look down on you and they don't care where you're from. To them you're all foreigners and mostly unwanted and irritating! But they love you under one condition: If they see you in a lower class of society than them! If they see you in shabby cloths and worn out shoes, struggling in life, doing hard labour job, having a sad face and wrinkled forehead, then they give you a big smile and petty you! They show a friendly face and even might help you with food and money!
I remember once I was in a McDonald's in Surrey years ago and was getting a coffee or something and there was a pause because I was looking for change. A Caucasian guy next to me tossed a Loony on the counter(!) and asked the person to give me whatever I had wanted! I didn't say anything but thank you. It's just a very simple example. 
The other time I remember that we were being evaluated(!) for a rental apartment, a nasty disgusting dump where White Trash mostly prefers that, and I knew that later. When the person saw my pay-stub he was surprised and clearly upset.
In volunteer work, for a charity organization, where the majority of people, both volunteers and employees are Caucasian it was very difficult for them to analyse why a non-Caucasian with dark hair and big nose (that's what they believe) works here! I didn't mind it.
Even my buddy A. F. I'm sure that he like me more now that I'm struggling compare to the time that my earning was as much as what he only could dream of that. When I was to CFLRS he was curious to see whether I will graduate or not and e-mailed me while I was there. This is the guy who barely contacts unless I contact first. I bet when he realized that I was in the process of being released he was quite happy! Same over there. In CFLRS the level of animosity from recruits and some trainers were very high and that basically one of the main reasons that I decided to quit. One example of that would be the story of Sergeant P. which I have told it earlier. Many recruits had a very hard time to accept that a non-Caucasian could be their superior officer and they shows their hatred with using different signs, gestures and comments. For that I believe it was a mistake to go to CFLRS in the first place.
(Photo: For this post I decided to use Canadian symbols. These are basically things which are genuinely Canadians and I like them all but the crown which is not Canadian! It's imposed to Canadians!)

No comments: