Sunday, May 19, 2019

Instructors

We have a large number of instructors in our little training center. From bad ones to excellent ones. Similar to any other training school or institute. The good thing is that we get to provide assessment in regards to their performance at the end of each part of the program. I didn't provide anything for the first part because mainly I was busy with doing my re-write. However had I done that, I would have been true and at the same time, should I say, harsh on a number of them. The problem with the training center is ignoring the fact that if someone is a good employee, it doesn't necessarily indicate that he/she could also be a good instructor/trainer as well. 
We have had a number of excellent and phenomenal instructors. You don't even realize how the time passes when they teach. At the same time there are others that are miserable and every 10 minutes you look at your watch to see how much time is left. There was this instructor (whom I'm not going to say anything about the gender, the course was taught by him/her and what other branch he/she works for) who was quite a character. Here are a number of his/her bull's eye performances(!):
1- I don't know what I'm doing (at the start of the class!)
2- Go enjoy your lunch (while smirking and being clearly sarcastic)
3- ... Yeah, I'm going to do that at my branch! (while reading the course material!)
4- Go for break for ... 35 min. ... well 45 min.! Who cares!
With that in mind I remember in one class an instructor, who was talking about corruption, named a big number, a very high dollar value, that the training school suspects that has been lost over a very short period of time as a result of employees not being ethical and such. No wonder why someone talks like that during a course, then! He/she perhaps thinks: I say all sorts of nonsense about my employer but at least I'm not stealing!
There was once another instructor that we only had him for one full day and one course and he was really horrible. The instructors usually ask the students to follow the course material either on the paper format or electronic format. The students are even at time asked to read the material. This one was not only didn't do that but also when I tried to see where he was going, lost him after only a few pages! Later on I realized he was all over the story! Explaining something on page 15 and then jumping on page 36 and then back to 27 and then again up to 45! Fortunately we never had him again and I was able to study and understand the material by myself. The only question I had during that course was asked from different instructors and were never answered! One of them even recommended me to contact another organization/agency! I haven't done that yet and I still don't know the correct answer to that question!

No comments: