Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Forever 21!

There was this big clothing store, for women only, I think, in Chinook Center, called Forever 21. I don't think it's there any more. Maybe it is. Maybe not! I went there once or maybe twice with The Lady. Now she's gone and it's been years, I barely go to malls. Malls are not meant for single people or perhaps I should say single people going by themselves! You could be a single person and go with your single friend or family. So why did I bring up this Forever 21 store story? Because number 21 indicates the fact that today marks the 21st year of my arrival in Canada.
I marked this months ago and promised myself to do something special but all I did was going to work, getting a haircut and picking up a few items from a Safeway! I clearly remember the 21 years ago, the night I stayed at this Super 8 Motel and the thing that I was doing and the conversations that I had with people, some of them might not be alive now. I also remember that it was not as cold! I do believe in global warming but I do clearly recall that it was not as cold as -17 ℃ ( 1.4 ℉).
The good thing is I have a job now although I don't know how long it will be available and also I have a meeting come up and why I call it a meeting because the lady whom was asked out told me that we could go " as friends! " and I accepted that. There might be another possibility but I will find out about that tomorrow. 
(Photo: The entrance of a Forever 21 clothing store. I read it filed for bankruptcy in 2019 but I don't know it was for the Canadian operations or all. Doesn't matter here!)

No comments: