Tuesday, August 27, 2024

An Strange Request

There's this Canadian fella who was promoted to the head of a small group of people after the previous supervisor left the company, earlier this year. We didn't have a good start but then the things got smoother and we were working together, when there was a need, easily. This is something good that I like about some Canadians. You might have an argument or stand-off with them but it doesn't, always, lead to hostility. 
This fella is an old guy, older than me, I'd say at least 10 years older although it's difficult to say some people's age. He knew, somehow, that we were looking for people to hire and asked me if he could be part of my team! He didn't ask to join. He wondered if he could join. I, of course, gave him a positive answer. Why not? I want someone who attends the works regularly and does what I ask them to do. What do I care whether he is already an employee or not. The only problem would be telling what to do to someone who is older than me and has worked for the company longer than I have.
Now we have hired someone, I don't think there will be a talk about that but it was strange. This proves that I'm a good employee, at least in his eyes or he wouldn't consider joining in. 
(Photo: The company traditionally has hired from inside to fill this position but this time it was decided to hire someone with a little experience and training in the filed. We will see how this person turns out)

No comments: