Saturday, August 03, 2024

How Would You Know if you've Hurt Someone?

If you're in a Boxing bout or Judo match, you can easily say whether your opponent is hurt or not but in a mental fight, you shall be patient if you wanna do a real damage. This is what happened after three weeks of being patient: I gave Eclair's son ride a few times. I didn't mind. I know it would cost him a lot to go where he wanted to. Let alone the discomfort. But the fact that he is a spoiled, lazy and cheap kid, bothered me. Add to that now this boy has read a book or two and he think he knows it all! All this at one side, I realized that he is sick. I mean he is ill in a way that he needs daily medication. But is this my fault? Is he s sick that he cannot get a Driver's Licence and has to be dependent on other at the age of 22?! People manage a family at that age! 
So I started making up stories about how busy I was here and there! The first few times, it was not so hurtful, it seemed to me but this past week, go really bad. Eclair must beg(!) someone to give his retarded kid a ride to the bus depot, the kid has haul his stuff, suitcase, sacks, you name it, he has to wait there until he rots, pay the bus, get on it and go to his destination where his daddy is waiting for him to pick him up! 
The boy had an extra piece with him but because I said I would give him the usual ride, he had not put it in a bag or anything so I can imagine how silly he looked when he was going to that bus, although there're many nut-bags here who look sillier than him but I still like the discomfort that he felt. The usual bus charges between $40 and $50 depending on the service but because I have never had that ride, I don't know how they do that although it would not matter. Even $0.40 would be too much for a cheap guy! 
So I told him that I'd be busy and I could not give the sick and rude boy a ride. He apparently begged someone to drop him at the depot but then in the afternoon signs of disturbance started to appear: He started sending e-mail messages and called a few times to complain about the small mistake I had done in a document. The funny thing is that everyone else had either noticed the error and had ignored it or had not noticed it but he thought he was being a smart cookie! I tried to ignore him but he kept going and the last time I could easily detect the patterns of stress in his voice! He was really mad but I stayed calm and that made him even angrier! It means that I had really hurt him! And that is important: Being patient and then hitting at the right time. One blow would do really well!
(Photo: The boxing fight between Mike Tyson and Francis Botha was an unusual one. The commentators were talking how Tyson was not himself and how much better Botha was the entire time the both of them were in the ring. Nothing against Botha but he only received one real punch which threw him on the floor and he never recovered from that!) 

No comments: