Sunday, September 08, 2024

The Fate of Restaurant Business


I don't eat at McDonald's. I don't think someone at my age should but people do and I think it's how their body is accustomed to. I used to and it was one I was doing physical hard labour. Happily I haven't done that for a long time so the food it's not appealing and all I ate was their breakfast sandwiches.
Nevertheless I stopped at a McDonald's on my way home yesterday I got a medium Orange Juice and ask for a cup of water. The juice costed $2.4, and they gave me water in a tiny, little, small-size cup! And the place was packed! With the economy not doing so well and unemployment on the rise, despite the fast that Bank of Canada reduce borrowing cost, where do average people go to spend their times on weekend? Where is better than McDonald's?! Cheapest place to eat and yet you pay $2.4 for a fake medium-size orange juice! 
There's something else you can do and many do it: You can keep your used cup and go to another location and steal sugary beverages! I saw a tall Canadian guy 17 or 18 did that. I'm sure this can easily be elevated as it technically is theft and there're cameras in the lobby but I think McDonald's make enough money to let a few losers like that steal Coke and Sprite every day! 
(Photo: My expensive medium orange juice. I think if you ordered  using the app, it would be cheaper)

No comments: