Monday, September 02, 2024

How a Loser's Life Turns Out

I had a flight booked to Las Vegas this past Sat. at 08:00. I even had paid for my seats, going and returning. My plan was to go to Tonopah to do the hike that we tried nearly two years ago and failed miserably! I was not ready for the trip, generally. So I set my clock for 05:55, woke up, had something and head out. By the time I reached the airport, parked and went to the gate, it was almost 07:10 and I was told that the checking had been closed! I went back home! Wasted at least $600, if not more. I had booked the ticket in May!
Then I told myself I had to do something positive with my time at least this Sun. So I headed to work. I reached there at around 09:00 and after a few minutes of work I realized that our network where I needed to access my files was done! The filthy disgusting, nasty incompetent stupid Latino in charge of the network, computers and everything related had messed up! Imagine a company which is so pathetic to use a Latino as his computer and network system person! I spent a few hours and returned home with disgust and disappointment. Wasted the rest of the day. 
Then I told myself, at least I will use the best of Mon. So I set the clock for 04:30 to head south for a hike. Woke up and couldn't convince myself to get out! Ate something and went back to the bed until 07:30 or so! 
(Photo: I stayed in Conrad the last time I was in Las Vegas. A nice and clean place)

No comments: