Saturday, September 22, 2018

B. C. Training Trip (1)

This company that I've been working for since last Oct. sent me to a training trip and now I'm writing from a hotel in British Columbia (posted late). It's a very nice place that we're staying and the weather is nice as well. I checked the weather forecast before leaving Alberta and had lots of rain in it. Therefore I didn't plan for anything and even didn't bring my camera. Besides I'm so tired that barely can sit at the desk.
The flight was OK except for the fact that the wrong gate was indicated on the boarding pass and had I not paid attention to the electronic board, there would have been a good chance that I miss the flight.
The plane was only half full, mainly, I think because of the day. I had nobody in my row and was very comfortable. At the airport a van cab pick us up and dropped us at the hotel. I had not had anything but a few Dates since lunch. So it was a little disturbing. I got a jar of Peanuts from the nearby Shopper's Drug Mart and had a few.
Sleeping was a problem because I'm used to the comfort of my mattress and pillow. There it was the shallow and puffy pillow and not firm mattress. So I didn't sleep very well. There was a little noise there as well. The railroad is just next to the hotel. I guess I slept for only a few hours and that was interrupted off and on and then I had a wild sexy dream which felt very real! I remember I was somewhere that Black people were having an orgy, F*cking each other passionately! I was with this tall Black girl who at one time went to the bathroom and took a big load! I don't know what that means but I do remember it was an Asian toilet, the ones that you have to squat! Then she came out and we were kissing passionately and then the damn telephone rang and woke me up! The telephone's story is now a different one! I called a cab driver to get me to the airport and he didn't answer. Then I called a company and got myself there on time. Then he called back. I din't want to be rude, especially after the cab drive who took me to the airport told me: Taxi business is dead! It's just waiting to be buried! I thought I should keep him around and use him when I need but he was acting like a fool that really he is! He called me at 06:30 in there which is 07:30 in Calgary! I didn't respond of course but it spoiled my dream although my alarm would have gone off in 5 min. anyways!
We got into a cab and went to the office for training without any freaking breakfast! I only had a chance to make myself a cup of coffee in the room and then had a piece of cheap(!) cake in the office over there. The majority of the time was waste except for just a little bit in the afternoon. The guy who was doing the presentation didn't even know how to use the damn laptop! He then used another device without even being able to show everyone the things he was doing with it! The topics he was trying to explain was unknown to me and he didn't even start properly. I asked him to define what the term meant and what the purpose of that process was. He barely was able to do that. Then there was another guy who was supposed to take over and just didn't come! So they took us to the floor and asked us to do silly things!
Lunch was served around noon and was something sub-par which probably had been made days, even weeks before being served! It was supposed to be Taco. The Guacamole was just bland and the Chicken and Beef looked old. The Beans were old as well. You would sense the second you sank your teeth in one! The Rice was even worse! I was hungry though. I ignored the damn Rice and Taco and filled myself with the rest plus some Onions, Bell Peppers and similar saute stuff. At the end I attacked the dessert tray and stuffed myself with all the bad sugary stuff!
The time in the afternoon was only good for one new process that I learnt and I'm hoping that I can use it in the coming weeks at work, if I don't forget it. Then we headed back to the hotel. I was so tired but the guys were planning to drink and eat. I went to bed at 20:00 hours!
(Photo: Fraser River and Patullo Bridge in the sunset from the window of my hotel. The actual scene is much more beautiful than this. I was only able to catch this much due to lack of a good camera)

No comments: