Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Good Gathering

I was invited to this group gathering for the volunteer work few months ago. All the cost would have been covered by the organization, if someone had lived outside the city. I, though, missed the first day because my flight got cancelled. I got to enjoy other things but missed the some others. The seminar was not bad. There were mostly nice people but as there always is an as*hole everywhere, this little group was not an exempt! I don't know why I even mention disgusting creatures such as that ugly Latino female! It's probably because I intend to show my disgust! Stupid and shallow people like that are very easy to come by here in this country! People who didn't even have bread to eat and now after using all the benefit the Government has given them, forgot who they were and where they come from, taking about years that they have been supervisor and manager! 
I also happen to see the guy who bugged me a few times with his irritating and sometimes irrational comments. He, an old East Indian, was OK though. I kind of liked him, to be honest. He actually is very good at what he does. He's very skillful and confident as well as prompt in responding. I, too, was approached by two guys who said they had read my name from the message sent to everyone regarding the person who contributed the most. There was a small group work which came out nicely. However the nature of this work requires people to work individually. That's when you focus and try to be creative.  There was actually another pile of stinking s*it in the group. The fool left in the middle of work without even saying goodbye to anyone. An inconsiderate, stupid, self-centered moron, who thinks she's better than many simply because she's earned a freaking degree from a certain school in the old country, I realized! There are thousands of them everywhere! 
Overall it was not a bad experience. I think the organization does that as a sign of appreciation for volunteers. The people had been taken to a dinner the night that I was absent, something quite similar to what we enjoyed two years ago. They intend to keep people on because at least two of the guys that I saw the last time were not amongst the new group.
(Photo: this picture could be attacked as sexist(!) as all characters at the table are portraited as male! That is not my intention though! Even our get together was not quite like this and not just because we had female members! Nevertheless I decided to use this for the post)

No comments: