Saturday, October 20, 2018

An Interview in the Anniversary

I was invited to an interview exactly after a year of starting this so-called surviving job of mine. I had very low expectations for receiving a call and I didn't! Instead I received an e-mail from their head office in the US for the interview. However it was clear that they had lots of candidates as different time of different days were suggested to me. I coincidentally selected the anniversary date! 
The location is just less than 5 minutes drive from where I work now. So it wasn't hard although I went home, changed and came back! I made up a story so I could leave at a good time. 
There were two people, a Caucasian woman and an East Indian man. With what's available these days, it's not very hard to find who is what. However I was only able to find about the woman. It was a simple interview with only one technical question being asked by the fella. I knew a little bit about that. So I told him that I didn't know much in detail. The other questions were general as what I had done and I guess I provided good answers to all. At the end I was asked about my salary expectations and my availability. For the first one I told them that I would be OK with whatever the company offers and the market's norm is. For the latter I said that I didn't need any notice to give, although I am but I think I will be able to manage that if there's a need. The East Indian guy, nodded most of the time, like a Goat(!) as he was most likely stupid enough not to be able to ask a question properly! What amazes me the most is these guys all have difficulty speaking English while coming from a country which its official language is English and they all have this fancy and fake degrees! 
I was told that it would take up to two weeks to have the results in. The woman also added if I was available to travel. I said I was. I will follow up with them when the time is on.
(Photo: I took this picture when I came down from Door Jamb Mountain in a very smokey day. This is a mountain goat if I'm not mistaken. I used this because I believe that I always should use a picture for my posts and it should somehow relate to the subject, of course! Domesticated goat is used frequntly in Indian sub-continent for meal considering that Hindus don't eat beef and other types of meat are probably more expensive. I referred to the behaviour of the East Indian guy as the way a goat nods! That's a common expression in Persian! Means nothing to Caucasians and others in North America but it's a fact that at times if you're in presence of a goat, it gazes at you and even you might feel that it nods! I also remember the day that I was in Plateau Mountain with this East Indian fella coworker of mine, originally from Muzaffarnegar. We encountered a big herd of goat and they followed us to make sure we're leaving their territory! I'm certain of that! This stupid fella was freaked out and took a small knife and tried to defend us! I told him that it was OK. I was standing calmly and taking photos and one of the goats was gazing at me, watching every move, making sure that I'm not harming the female and young ones. I thought should mention this here as well)

No comments: