Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Nice Story that I Sold!

When I went to Nevada and then California to do that hike I had been wanting for a long time, I wondered how I can justify the trip. I was eligible for three days but I needed more. So I said that I was helping a family member to move. It apparently worked. I went and came back with no issue. At the same time I had a coveralls which had been given to me by a previous workplace and I had never worn that. I decided to try because it looked comfortable. As well I wouldn't have to wear jeans and shirts. So I wear it one day at work and told them that I had found it in a box in that family member's basement, whom I helped to move! I added that the relative used to have a tenant in his basement and the guy, who by the way worked in the nearby facility, left without paying his last two months rent! He also left a number of boxes behind and then when we moved everything, we brought the boxes as well! We opened them and this coveralls were amongst the stuff! I said that I felt bad for the guy but considering he left the boxes and didn't pay his rent, I think I can wear that! 
It was so nice that I was able to combine those two short stories and and make a believable one. The fact that I had to repeat the same to many, helped me to be consistent and sell it with confident! Joseph Goebbels, the German politician in Nazi era says: If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. Mine was not probably very big but I did exactly he says! This, however, does not necessarily mean that I am a follower of his or I approve what he did! Don't try to use this against me. I just needed a good time in the mountains!
(Photo: Pinocchio is an Italian character who in his adventures faces this problem that every time that he lies, his nose extends! This obviously has not happened to me but this was a very popular cartoon series back in the old country when I was in grade school and it was a Japanese made animation! He is used here over Google's logo as many believe that Google lies tremendously to its users!)

No comments: