Sunday, March 03, 2019

Record Breaking Cold in Calgary

I woke up yesterday  morning and the first thing I did was checking the weather as I had heard that it would be very cold. Environment Canada showed -30 ℃ (-22 ℉) without windchill! I was so tired as I had worked out after work on Thu. and I think it was a very bad idea. I spent the rest of the day at home except for a minute in the afternoon that I took garbage out. It was then a little warmer, -20 ℃ (-4 ℉) without windchill and -29 ℃ (-20.2  ℉) with windchill. 
Today though it was a bit better so I'm not even going to mention the temperature because we know that the cold would not be much different. However after a coffee in a McDonald's I went to Repsol for a little exercise. I used to go to this place when it was called Talisman years ago. Now I guess Talisman Energy, one of the main sponsors and contributors has pulled out and they have changed the name to Repsol. The exercise was not bad regardless of the fact that I cannot work out even compare to how I used to do when I was in CFLRS, let alone back to 2011 which was the last year I had been to the place while it still had its old name. The place was busy but not in a way that you cannot easily do your work-outs. I enjoy going there despite its high cost and that is because I cannot exercise easily outside in the extreme cold and I'm going there only because I need to get ready a little for my upcoming training.
(Photo: Repsol advertisement near its northern entrance. I found out that Repsol is a Spanish name and is an energy company out of Madrid! This kind of stupidity is seen in Canada a lot as it, after all, is a capitalism society. China bought Nexen a few years ago, Peace Bridge on Bow River is designed by a Spanish fella, because there obviously is no designer in Canada and many other stupid things that you only see them in " ... Our home and empty[!] land")

No comments: