Thursday, February 28, 2019

Demanding Cheapskates!

A sort of gathering took place at work a few days ago. At the same time managers had a meeting. My assumption was that their meeting was to find a solution to the mess they are in, now! A major supplier has announced that they would not provide their products to the company any more. That probably means the loss of a number of customers although they are saying that they would replace the product with similar and better ones.
Anyways the company is nice enough to provide food to the employees when such occasions takes place but the employees want more! What happened was that everyone was fed on the meeting/presentation day. That must have cost a lot to the company. The food was just low quality food that you mostly find in restaurants in Canada, everywhere! To start Caesar Salad is the most common type of salad in Canada because it's very easy to make and it's cheap(!) and it's not good for you, as a salad is supposed to be, it's actually bad for your health! The only good thing it has is Romaine Lettuce! Then it has shredded cheese, which is not actually Cheese (supposed to be Parmesan Cheese)! It's a combination of different things, including Corn starch(!) and a sort of flavoring which makes it taste like cheese! Then Croutons come to play which are the worst! Just lump of cooked White Refined Flour dough with additives and preservatives which who know what it does to your body! And of course some dressing which most of the time is Ranch. One could only imagine how they make that dressing! So I had a little Caesar Salad but carefully separated the Croutons and got rid of them! Then there was another very easy food: Mashed Potato! All you have to do is to boil the damn potato and add some milk or butter, I think. They don't even bother skinning the potatoes! But it was delicious. And last but not least was Barbecued Chicken, one of the worst that I've ever had anywhere in the world! It was dry, bland and even hard to cut!
With that in mind you should have seen how people attacked the damn food! The Japo had a pile of Mashed Potato and 4 pieces of chicken on the top of that! This disgusting as*hole is a disgrace to every real Japanese, Canadian and human being, in general! The other ones didn't know how to eat(!) ,with their mouth or nose! They were just stuffing themselves with the items! I guess that's what happens when people have no clue what a good food is. If they are accustomed to this type of food their whole life, what can you expect? The thing is they never attempt to cook or try something different. 
At the end of the day, although scavengers ate a lot(!) there were still two trays of chicken and probably a few plates of mashed potato. I know people had plans for that. Many didn't bring lunch the next day. I had my regular home-made salad. At noon The Japo. went to the kitchen to get food. I saw him being approached by one of the managers and was asked to leave! That was awesome! These as*hole always acts like a disgusting cheapskate, trying to get free food from anywhere possible! At the age of 55, aren't you ashamed of this disgusting behaviour of yours? I saw him coming out of the kitchen with a handful of full cans in the early morning and he's sick! Soda is not good for even a healthy average person. You're sick and you're filling yourself with Pop?!
Then it was The Farm Boy's turn! He was furious because he had been told what happened to The Japo! He said that he becomes cranky when he doesn't eat when he's supposed to and I couldn't stop laughing(!) but not in front of him of course. He was cursing and I made sure I'm not anywhere near him because he could do something really stupid! He stared going at the managers and called them f*cking cheap bastards(!) while in my opinion he was the cheap one! The company has already fed you once and now they're negotiating an issue which could easily affect your future and for that they're asking you to stay away and that's the reaction from you?! I suggested him to grab an Oatmeal Cookie which was left from the occasion but he said that he couldn't eat cookie for lunch! Eventually The Japo saved the day by saying that sandwiches were provided and people could go and eat! But I guess it was little late because most of them were gone and I don't know by whom! The Farm Boy came out of the kitchen with a sandwich in his hands and insisted that I should take half! I refused and he insisted! I eventually decided to take half because he almost was out of control! It was chicken and bacon and it was delicious but obviously not good for me but it was not much. I looked at The Farm Boy and he was sitting on a table and not really unhappy! Fortunately I didn't have to deal with him for the rest of the day because I had an appointment and I got the hell out of there! It's very hard for me to understand these type of people at time. It seems that they have no dignity and no pride. 
(Photo: For this post I have no picture of my own because I never made Caesar Salad at home. So I'm using someone else's and I hope he or she doesn't mind!)

No comments: