Thursday, April 06, 2023

Idiots on the Roads

Majority of people in Canada are good drivers and follow the driving rules and that's based on years of driving but there's one problem that most of them have: They can driver within the posted speed limit! Alberta RCMP issued more than 70,000 tickets to speeders last year alone! That is crazy! 
With that in mind, I was going home this afternoon, on a 110 Km/h Primary Highway and I was doing only 100 km/h when al of a sudden the front car's break light was on! I hit the break and because I always a safe distance, nothing happened and I kept going after reducing my speed. A mile or two up, while in congestion, I saw a car at its side away from the road while a police van was parked close to it! How could you lose the control, go out of the road and end up at your side unless you're driving fast and paying not attention to what you're doing! 
Same scene was witnessed on the same highway a couple of weeks ago with this difference that the fool was at its side on lane 3!! That makes me so angry as these idiots wastes other people's time buy driving carelessly. Imagine you have worked for 9 freaking hours and all you want to do is to get home and relax and a fool gets him/herself in accident and the road is shut! Wouldn't you want to punch that person in the head?! 
I was leaving Galveston in Nov. of 2021, heading to Austin on a Toyota Camry that I had rented and an idiot, driving a big truck and trailer in its back drove by very fast in the next lane and missed me by about a meter and got in front of me and then immediately hit an SUV in front of me! The good thing, for me, not for the poor SUV driver(!), is (or perhaps I should say was!) that I had left the lane by taking a steep right fork shortly before the accident. So when the SUV got hit, it actually rolled down the short hill between the road it was in and the road that I just had gotten in but stopped rolling all the way down to the road and in front of me. So I was safe. This again was the result of driving fast.
(Photo, top: This vehicle as you can see was on its side next to the guard rail of the median of the highway, I took it while driving by slowly and wile my window was up because it was cold!)

No comments: