Friday, August 31, 2018

Lingering Dark Blanket


British Columbia wildfires, that's what they call it, which has been the result of, at least partially, the global warming, causes lots of problems every year, mostly in the province, of course, and then in Alberta and Saskatchewan, although not that much in the latter, and at times even at other corners of the globe, in summer. I was not in Alberta last summer and when I came back in middle of August there was no sign of smoke or anything but the year before that and also this year I had bad experiences including one hike/scramble which I didn't enjoy much. 
This week has been nice and clear mostly and today was beautiful. Now that summer is over I will only have a few more chances of good hikes before winter arrives and I'm going to use them,if the weather stays the way it is. 
It seems that there's no way, scientifically and physically of course, to stop this problem but what shocks me the most is the way the officials fight that! The fire season starts and there are fires here and there and quickly spreads and grows. I think the number of fires were more than 500 up until last week. I know fire management is very difficult but they usually wait until the number of fires go up and then announce that this number of fire crew were deployed from, for example Alberta and then after 3 weeks again this number of fire crew were sent to the area from, for example Ontario and the story continues. Wouldn't that be more effective, if they sent firefighters to the battle before it spreads and gets out of hand? Again I know it's not that simple but the question is do they do enough? It seems to me that the Federal Government cares more about the freaking border jumpers (to let them in!) and affairs in Saudi Arabia⃰  more than what's going on in the country. The fact is although I know wildfires are a provincial issue but since I have lost all my fate in the incompetent and disgraceful Federal Government, I can't expect them to do anything good for the country.

*Refers to the recent spat (That's what Canadians likes to call it) between Canada and the criminal regime of Saudi Arabia which I haven't written anything about because this is not a news-blog.
(Photo: I took this photo from on Door Jamb Mountain trail in early morning. It would have been much nicer and clearer, if it had not been a disgusting smoky day)

No comments: