Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Chef's Discovery(!)

I usually have keen eyes during a hike. I spot plants and wildlife for photography as well as rocks and anything which might cause a risk, for the sake of a better and safer hike. However I missed this one:
I and The Chef were on our way back to the vehicle during our hike in Bob Creek Wildland when he spotted a bunch of Tarragon alongside the trail! Tarragon is a very lovely aromatic herb which is used in a Persian appetizer when it's enjoyed with Feta Cheese and Flat Bread and sometimes Tomato.
I did not have the chance to see if there was more Tarragon in the area or not and perhaps partially because I was very tired but the Tarragon plant should look like this
I don't know if this kind of herb can be found in stores here but some might have it. The thing is it should be fresh because the dried and powdered one, which might be found in some stores in packages, could easily be mixed with simply dried grass! 
He gave a few of them to me and took some for himself. I dried them and added them to my Quinoa and of course kept some for later. He said he would plan them.  I will check with him later to see how they have come out.
(Photo: Dried Tarragon leaves made by me from what the Chef had found during our hike)

No comments: