Sunday, August 12, 2018

End of a Disgusting Week

It got finally much better yesterday afternoon when a few showers appeared in the sky, in Calgary. After a week of hot weather (got to nearly 36 ℃) and smoke (from the wildfires of British Columbia) today the sky looks much nicer and most of the disgusting smoke and heat is gone. It's currently 12  and feels good. I'm not complaining about hot or chilly whether but I hate smoke and air pollution and I'm happy it's gone. It's a problem here in southern Alberta almost every freaking summer! They call is Wildfire Season and I wonder if there's anything that they can do to stop. They say there isn't. I wasn't here last summer but I remember it was the same damn problem the summer before but not to this extent. I think it was Idaho or perhaps it was the summer before I clearly remember a few hikes that I performed them in haze weather, particularly a failed attempt to The Wedge(!), not something that I'm proud of! 
(Photo: For 3 or 4 days you could see the Sun with naked eyes due to the thickness of the smoke. An air quality advisory also was issued)

No comments: