Monday, January 21, 2019

Half of a Day in Phoenix Area

I woke up early to get the hell of the miserable Motel 6! The person a the counter was different from the night before, obviously, as their shift changes. This one was even worse! It was a short, ugly, fat, round woman with long fake nails! Some people have every bad things together! She handed me my receipt like she owned the place! I was just happy that I was leaving unharmed! I then went to a Dunkin' Donuts across the street to get a coffee. It was a small place. I wanted to sit and enjoy my coffee but there was nobody inside. Everyone would get the order and leave. So I decided not to stay as well! Considered a safety issue particularly because I was not too far from the motel. The coffee was just average. Its cup was good though! I then drove to South Mountain Park in Phoenix for a short hike. Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time(!) it was a cloudy day! So while I didn't burn or sweat like a pig(!) I couldn't get very good photograph although the view was not significant or anything even close but the park was nice. On my return I spend a few minutes in a nearby McDonald's for my regular coffee. Then I went to a close-by Safeway and then after that to a Wal-Mart. I wanted to buy a sort of small souvenir with either Arizona or Phoenix logo or flag but everything was over my budget but I managed to find a good movie on DVD and added to the other one that I had already purchased, two movies that I had not been able to find them in CanadaBridge of Spies and Foxcatcher. There was not much time left to departure. I had to be in the airport 2 hours prior to the flight and I knew that after returning the rental I would have to take the bus to go to Terminal 4. So I headed toward Sky Harbor and I guess I was in there at around 14:00 or a little laterThe airport wait was a waste, as usual but was not too bad. The plane though was 1/3 empty! There was nobody in the next seats to me and I was sitting at a window seat.
I still was in pain. My knee hurt, I guess because I over-worked that. I asked one of the stewardesses for a pain-killer and she was nice enough to give me something. The flight left a few minutes before the scheduled time and landed in Calgary with no issue.
The airport, though, was surprisingly buy compared with the time I came back from Las Vegas but the wait time was not as much as 10 minutes.
(Photo: A view of Phoenix, looking north, from South Mountain Park. The Downtown skyline can be seen on the left. This, compare to what you can see from Nosehill Park in Calgary, I should say, is less appealing but Phoenix is a great city)

No comments: