Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Lordsburg, NM and After That

I shouldn't probably say this here but Alphonse actually ruined the half of the already planed trip by rushing us back to Phoenix because he wanted to go back to work on Thu. He has so many good attributes and in fact without him I would have been able to reach neither Telescope Peak, nor Flatiron but he's heavy and slow. Besides he eats a lot! I have talked to him and I don't think it has had any affect, although he knows the issues.
Nevertheless after leaving Hueco Tanks State Park, we took I-10 and headed west to Arizona through New Mexico. Alphonse wanted to stop on the way for sleep in order to be able to save a few hours the day after when he would be driving to California. We stopped in this small town called Lordsburg in southern New Mexico and went to a Motel 6. This motel is probably amongst the cheapest throughout the United States. The strange thing was the man at the reception, and I believe he was the only staff in the entire motel at the time, was an East Indian! They say the only place that you can go and might not see an East Indian, these days is moon! However I wondered how in the hell an East Indian ended up in a small southern New Mexico motel! The place was not very bad. We had had some snacks and then for dinner we repeated that. I had an Apple and Alphonse gave me an Orange and that was dinner!I took a shower and slept. There was a little noise from other guests but not much and I slept a little. It was not very bad.
A wooden style flag of New Mexico. I would definitely have a hike and visit to this state once. The flag represents a local native tribe and in fact shows sun in a yellow background. Yellow represents the 16th Century Spain's flag 
The next morning we left almost at 08:00 to help Alphonse with his timing. We only stopped a few times for gasoline and coffee until we reached Phoenix. Alphonse selected an Chinese buffet for lunch and that was not bad but Chinese food is the kind that I always try to avoid because the as*holes use too much salt, deep-fry many things and they have so much disgusting starch in shape of either Rice or damn Noodle! For that I don't even recall, or better to say try to recall, the name of the place but it was a huge venue close to a gulf course. Alphonse then was trying to find a rental place close to the hotel that I had book. The intention was to rent a car and then go to the hotel after that but he messed up again! The rental place he found in his searches (through his phone and GPS) led us to wrong addresses, twice(!) and eventually we went to the rental place in Sky Harbor! I, happily(!), said goodbye to him there and rented a Tacoma and a GPS there. That cost me a lot but I had no choice. My flight would be more than 24 hours from that time and I didn't want to get stuck in the damn hotel. In the next post you'll, if you read it, what a smart decision that was!
(Photo: This is taken in I-10 in New Mexico on our way to Texas. No photo from Lordsburg as it was night and a short stop at the time)

No comments: