Sunday, February 03, 2019

This Cold is no Joke!

After spending a little time outside yesterday, just for shopping and grabbing a coffee, I decided to have a walk outside today in the afternoon. I hate wearing anything underneath my jeans but a pair of underwear but this time I wore a pair of running pants as well! I put on my Heated Jacket, two pairs of gloves, a toque and a hat over it and I thought I would be fine.
Wrong!
I couldn't stay out for more than, probably 10 minutes and waling didn't help either! I got the hell back in the car and drove back to home! Temperature in the afternoon was around -27 ℃ and considering windchill about -34℃ (-16.6 ℉ and -29.2 respectively!). It was no joke! Frostbite occurs in the matter of a minute they say. Gotta be really careful.
(Photo: The valley that Bow River is going through in western part of Calgary with the sky jump of Canada Olympic Park in the back. I intended to have a walk in the area. It was finished only after 10 minutes!)

No comments: