Monday, December 11, 2017

Alien: Covenant, Not as Bad as It's Said

I finally got the chance to watch Aline: Covenant. I borrowed the DVD from the library. I was in CFLRS when the movie came out and never got a chance to catch it until this past weekend. The movie is not as bad as it's said. In fact it has new things which were not provided in the previous stories. There are other versions of Xenomorph and they are much scarier! Two synthetic persons, one from the previous story, Prometheus and one a member of terraforming group headed toward a specified destination face each other and eventually got in to physical altercation! That is the unexpected and interesting part but not the physicality of it. What is interesting is what the first robot, David from Prometheus, has done in the past 10 years, prior to the arrival of Covenant and what he has in mind and how he handles the new robot, Walter
In this scene from the movie, a new form of Xenomorph (which literally means something with unusual form) has attacked one of Covenant's crew
The movie has its issues too. The story is quite similar to Alien. Covenant is distracted by an unknown message just the way Nostormo did on its way back to Earth and they get themselves all in trouble. The crew, again, touch and smell suspicious things and get infected, just the way they did in previous movies. The way the story ends, it shows that there will another movie after that. I also have to mention that the end of the story is quite interesting but in order not to spoil it for others, I won't say what happens. This movie should be watched in theater but it is still good on big screen. I watched it on my PC which has a good monitor but it's not as big.  There is also lots of blood and gore and guts pulling out, probably more than previous movies. So if someone has any issue with that, he or she must be aware. I, myself, fast forward that cesarean scene in Prometheus but watch it the first time in a theater, of course! I would recommend the movie but I wouldn't give very high rating. The acting is just OK. I didn't see anyone as sharp as Sigourney Weaver, of course but Michael Fassbender performance is really good and he has two characters as I mentioned above. I would say the movie gets 3.5 out of 5 but I would definitely purchase its DVD. Maybe one day I get the chance to buy a big nice TV and could sit comfortably by my own and enjoy the movie!  
(Photo: Michael Fassbender and the brunet version(!) of Kristin Stewart, Callie Hernandez behind the scene of the movie. The lather has a small role in the film but she's beautiful. That's why this picture is selected for the post!)

No comments: