Thursday, December 22, 2022

From +30 to -30 (degrees centigrade)


It's been really brutal this week. Extreme cold that I had never suffered from to this extent. As low as -30 ℃ (-22 ℉). I've been lucky that I didn't have to work outside much or it'd have been a torture although driving on hokey field like roads, waiting for the vehicle to warm and walking as much as few meters is not much fun either.
It's supposed to end this weekend but who knows how many people have gotten into trouble from this wicked cold. From the passengers who waited for hours and eventually their flight was cancelled to the people got into accidents or their vehicle broke down at the side of a road and now have to wait as long as 72 hours to get help.
As per me I can claim that I have a new record in my life! I have worked outdoor in the temperature range of -30 ℃ to +30 ℃! Neither was fun, no doubt. I didn't have many alternatives!
(Photo: Outside temperature at 12:49 PM in one of this week's days. If you add windchill to that, it's not only unbearable. It's dangerous)  

No comments: